The Pines is the quintessential Australian beach shack. perched on the frontal sand dune literally a stone’s throw from the high water mark. Cool off on the front veranda or deck and enjoy the unencumbered ocean views. *One of, if not the best of any spot in Teewah. Renovated in a seaside style, the shack accommodates a maximum of 4 guests and is perfect for a couple with a dog or one small family.
Other features include an open dining / lounge room, two bedrooms, one with double bed, bedside tables, the other with two single beds and air-conditioning, a front veranda with various seating options and a front deck with a dining setting for eight guests. Other features include a galley style kitchen, bathroom, powder room, laundry and a beautiful timber open air screened pavilion with dual showers. If the south east winds whip up and you still want to be outside you can retreat to the back garden to an expansive deck for dining, bbq and lounge that steps off onto lawn areas.
- Guests: 4
- Amenities: A large TV located in the living room, Coffee Machine (BYO Nespresso pods), Fire Safety, Heating & Cooling, House Water, Shed
- Categories: House
Prices start at: $250 per night
- 7 nights (Friday to Friday) School holidays (public and private) Long weekends
- 3 nights Weekend stays (Friday to Monday)
- 4 nights Midweek stays (Monday to Friday) Less if small booking gaps occur between confirmed bookings
Extra Costs (over and above rates)
- Housekeeping $100 per stay. Dog fee $30 per stay (if applicable)
Audio Visual Facilities
- A large Smart TV located in the living room.
Bond & Breaches
- Bond is $500 per stay. Bond shall be drawn upon for any damage, loss or cleaning over and above the normal housekeeping service. Exceeding gathering limits will be an immediate loss of bond and failure to act immediately on instructions to comply from the owner directly or through neighbours, agents, authorities or contractors may result in eviction from the property without return of rent or bond monies paid.
- Gatherings are not encouraged and must be small, specifically no more than eight (8) people (including house guests) and not too late. The house facilities cannot cater for large numbers and the property is nestled amongst close neighbours and friends of the owner.
- Nespresso Coffee machine - BYO Pods
Linen & Laundry
- Top loading 8kg washing machine Wall mounted dryer Clothes line (located on the back of the shed) Pillows and Doonas Provided Need to bring your own sheets, pillow cases and towels
- A large tank located behind the shed (via pump in shed) supplies all house water points except the cold water tap at the kitchen sink, which supplies drinking water only from a small elevated tank. It now also runs through a Puretech UV Filtration System - so it is safe, but still may have an odour. Water Pump Switch is located on house side of shed - to be switched on and off when arriving and departing.
Septic and Grey Water System
- The house is serviced by a septic system and grease trap replaced in 2014, located between the shower, house and rear deck. Absolutely No sanitary products to be flushed down the toilet. Please utilise the small bin beside the toilet. No oil or fat to be flushed into the kitchen sink or any basin. Please dispose of this to the bin or garden/bush.
- Automated garden irrigation system programmed to irrigate between 12am and 4am on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. This can be turned off with the flow lever in the steel box beside the electrical meter box attached to the southern side of the house. The bore pump is a submersible located some 30 feet below the front lawn and will not make a sound. The bore water does have a brackish smell and will stain.
Heating & Cooling
- Ceiling fans throughout Oil heaters in most rooms
- Smoke alarms throughout, installed 2014, please advise agent of any of these are beeping Fire extinguisher and blanket on wall in kitchen
- Locked and out of bounds. For owners use only
- The lights incorporated with the fan are a bit bright (sorry electrician installed 4000K in stead of 3000k), BUT there is dimming. 3 levels. flick the light switch of and on again quickly and this moves the dim level setting.
Pulsing Fan Noise
- If you hear a pulse sound in the fans occasionally this is a general network Energex pulse for switching of off peak appliances which is stronger at the end of the network such as at Teewah. Nothing to worry about, Energex have measured this and it does not in there opinion warrant any remediation.
What to take
- The shack is only a step up from camping, so you will still need to take, your own sheets and pillow cases, bath and beach towels, shampoo and conditioner and body cleanser, all your food and drinks, coffee pods (Nespresso compatible), 60 Litre bin bags, kitchen towels, cloths washing detergent, mozzie repellent/coils., To be on the safe side we suggest you also take dishwashing detergent, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Should power failure occur in the network the tenants are permitted to connect the portable Honda petrol generator to supply the house. The generator is located in the shed and tenants will need to relocate to the front southern side of the house near the electrical meter box. Inside the meter box is a cable to plug into the generator. Once connected the isolator switch (located furthest to the right in the switch panel within the meter box) will need to be push into the up position. We mains power resumes for the village simply reverse the process. Please advise if the generator was used so that additional unleaded fuel and be purchased.
- Please note that in severe weather events the old shack dose a leak spot between the kitchen and the laundry and we recommend that a towel be placed on the floor for safety reasons
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- 4W Driving
- Collecting Pippies
- Collecting Sand Worms
Check in/out times
- Once on the beach turn left (north) to Teewah Village drive about 6kms, turn into the village, take the first left drive straight until you come to the 3 big pine trees and you are at your destination
- Sunshine Coast Airport about 30 minutes to Tewantin
- Brisbane Airport is approx 1.5 hours to Tewantin
- 4WD or AWD needed to navigate to Teewah Village
- Family Friendly
- Scenic Views